Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Shabby chic birthday

Hey, hey! Two cards in a row, Not something that happens often on my blog. lol But I had some free time and decided to use it for another blog post. Doesn't happen too often I have some extra free time on my fands these days so I am trying to make the best with it when "it comes around". And to be honest, I couldn't wait to share this card with you. I was so pleased with how it turned out - even though it's not my usual "cute style". I hope you will like it!


It was really fun to make a card without a coloured image for a change. But also challenging, as I had to fill that empty space some other way. So I used a lot of different die cuts from Memory box, Sizzix, Cheery Lynn ... and some gorgeous frowers from I am roses. I made the butterflies myself using the mod podge molds and mod melts. I finished the card with some lace, a metal key charm, crystal and tiny pearls. Sentiment is a stamp from Whimsy stamps. It's hard to see in the picture, but the white frame around the sentiment was first painted with gesso and then covered with crackle accents. Papers are from Maja Design.



I would like to enter my card to the follwong challeges:
Scrappy Land: Anything goes using brands of dies SL sells (I used Sizzix, Cheery Lynn, Memory Box)
Live and Love crafts: Smorgasbord (I chose B - Louise's bingo card: metal, flowers, pearls OR pink, two designer papers, pearls OR lace, vintage, pearls)
Dies are us: Anything goes using dies
Crop Stop: Anything goes (brands from the store: Sizzix, Ranger, Memory box)
Deep ocean: Anything new (new papers, new flowers)
Creative inspirations: Fabulous flowers
Noor design: Anything goes
7 kids: Anything goes
Maja design: January mood board

11 comments:

  1. Oh my!! This is uber gorgeous, and Im not a heartsy kind of girl! The way the lattice fills the space looks perfect! Absolutely beautiful! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow!! Absolutely Gorgeous!! So many lovely layers and wonderful details!! Thanks for linking your work to the CropStop Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very elegant and your attention to detail is perfect. I love your card. Thank you for joining us at 7 Kids College Fund. Hugs Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maja ... sem ostala brez besed, tako lepo si sestavila voščilnico. Noro všeč mi je srčkasto ozadje in ostali drobni dodatki. Pika na i pa sta velika vrtnica in skrivni ključek :)) Lepo bodi, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! What's the name of the background
    that look like a fence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think you mean the Heart mesh die from Cheery Lynn. https://cheerylynndesigns.com/mesh-hearts-borders-die-b319/

      Delete
  6. Prekrasna. Super elegantna s krasno kombinacijo izrezov.

    Marjeta

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning card!
    Thanks for joining us at Scrapyland Challenge blog and Good Luck !
    Maryvonne – DT member

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely stunning! Such beautiful work. Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids.

    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)