Monday, February 20, 2017

Happy birthday, my sweet little girl

Exactly one year ago my life changed completely - I became a mummy to the sweetest little baby girl. A lot has happened in this year and even though it was hard at times, I would never go back. This year was magical and the joy this little girl brings into my life every day is indescribable. I love her to bits.

To celebrate this special birthday, of course we needed a special cake as well. I think I've said it before, but will say it again ... When it comes to baking, my mum rocks! So I asked her if she could make a special cake for her granddaughter. And she said she would. And boy, oh boy, she made an AMAZING cake. I could almost say she made the impossible possible. Why? Because we wanted to have a FRUIT cake in the shape of a mushroom. And she did it! Believe me, it was quite a challenge and A LOT of effort, hard work, time and love (not to mention the ingredients) went into this cake, but the result is simply stunning. But why I am just telling you this, I'll rather show you the photo (I have my mum's permission to share this cake on my blog).


After we also also added my baby's name and shaped candle (no. 1) to the cake.


Doesn't this look like a fairy house? I just LOOOOOOOOVE this cake. Love, love, love it! And it didn't only look amazing, it was also DE-LI-CIOUS. Filled with raspberries, strawberries ... Oh, yum, yum. YUM!

Ok, now that we've covered the most important thing, I'll show you the invitations that I made for Amadeja's birthday. I made two different ones and I kept them simple, but I hope you will like them.



I created shaker cards, using the CC designs scalloped rectangle die and CC designs birthday mice stamps. Aren't they adorable? Love them! I did the colouring with Promarkers and pencils. Sequins came from my stash. I created the cloud background with homemade cloud stencil and TH distress inks.

I'd like to enter my cards to the following challenges:
Allsorts: Anything goes
Bastel Traum: Birthday/birth/white and one other colour
The ribbon girl: Use any image
Die cut divas: Using red or pink
One crazy stamper: Party time
Cute card Thursday: No patterned paper
Creative inspirations: Anything goes

Are you still with me? Hope so, because I have some more sweet news from you ... I can't share cake with you (shame, I know), but I do want to celebrate this big day with you, so I will send some crafty goodies to someone who leaves a comment here. No need to share anything on your blog, but you can if you want. Also, you don't need to be a follower, though I would be thrilled if you were. I'm not telling you what's in the candy, but will tell you that I will choose a winner on the first day of March. :)

Have a wonderful day!
Hugs! xx

22 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to your bundle of joy Maja!!! The cake your mom made looks amazing and sound like it was yummy too :) Your card is super adorable my dear! Take care and enjoy!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cake is absolutely fabulous and so are the lovely invitations, gorgeous images and super shaker cards.
    Thank you for joining our 'Anything Goes' challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  3. vau, tole pa je objava in pol - najprej vse najboljše mali amadeji, vem, da je to nekaj najlepšega, kar se človeku lahko zgodi :)))))
    in praznovali ste res perfektno - kakšna torta, da ti vzame dih, res ste same vrhunske mojstrice v družini! prav tako pa tudi tvoja vabila, preprosta in lepa, obožujem te tresočke.
    imejte se lepo še naprej in hvala za tvojo velikodušnost z bonbončkom, grem v vrsto zanj!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wwwwaaaauuu...Maja ;))) Mama je naredila in oblikovala ču-do-vi-to torto! Joooj...noro všeč mi je ;))) To je bila hčerkica vesela! In seveda si tudi ti krasno oblikovala ;) Vse naj naj Amadeji ob 1. svečki.
    Nočko, Jana

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so darling! Love shaker cards-and that image is so darn cute! Tell your mum that her cake is fantastic-just awesome! Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Diva's this month!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A super shaker creation for our theme this week Cebelica and pretty colours,many thanks for joining us at Allsorts challenge.

    And what an amazing cake your Mum made, it's perfect for a little girl.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaaaaaa, kakšna pravljiča torta. Verjemi, da bi je bila jaz tudi zelo vesela. Škoda da jo človek potem razreže :) Tako da vse čestitke mami in če se da, večkrat objavi kakšen njen slasten izdelek. Vabili pa sta nadvse cart, zelo sta mi všeč.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful cake, such a lucky birthday girl! Your invites are so cute, love the shaker style. It is so kind of you to have a giveaway too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Best cake and part invitations ever! Love the colours you chose and the shakers are awesome! Thank you for sharing in our challenge at One Crazy Stamper

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your daughter!
    cake is amazing!
    cards are so sweet!
    hugs , Fiki
    My little store: Crafty Kitty Cat Shop
    ≽ܫ≼

    ReplyDelete
  11. As always your post brought a smile. How wonderful to have a little girl! They are so precious at any age but especially turning 1. And the cake! Such a talented mommy. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so clever, fabulous cake and adorable card!
    Many thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday this week!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your love for you daughter and for being her mom comes through in a most heart-warming fashion here! I don't have children of my own, but I am an aunt to my niece and nephew, who are highlight of my life, as your little one is to you. The birthday cake: oh my stars! Outstanding! Your shaker invitations: Outstanding! (Do you detect a theme to my reactions? *grin*) I think you've celebrated your little one's first birthday with style and flair, mixed with a heaping helping of fun! So thrilled you shared your cards in the ATSM gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete
  14. wow, kakšna fantastična torta! Babi si zasluži naziv super babi. In shaker vabila z malo miško so super simpatična. Vse najboljše mali Amadeji.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Adorable card!Thanks for joining us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.Good luck and hope to see you again.Gr.Kaija Dt-member

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super adorable cake, and very fun shaker cards!! Thanks for playing along with us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great cake, looks yummy. Gorgeous card too, thank you for playing along with us at THE RIBBON GIRL, love Jane GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Really love your invitations! They are beautiful!
    Thanks for joining our PARTYchallenge at AnMaCreatief!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cake is amazing. I can't believe you wanted to eat it and destroy its beauty. Your shakers cards are wonderful too. I'm so glad your shared it with us at Addicted to Stamps and More.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your shaker cards are stunning and so is the cake! Thanks for joining us at The Ribbon Girl, hugs, Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my Goodness, what for a wonderful cake you made... So stunning... and your card this is sure a perfect first birthday.... THANKS so much for sharing this by bastel-traum Hugs Ute (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  22. cute and very beautiful cards Cebelica and a gorgeous cake.
    Thanks for join us at ScrapbookStampSociety Challenge.
    Good Luck and hope to see you again

    Greetings Karin DT Coördinator


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)