Thursday, February 2, 2017

On your wedding day

Hey there! Today I don't have a card to share with you, but a mini album. I started working on this album last year (in September, I think), but I had sooooo many (other) things to work on at that time (as well), there was also December, when time flies by with the speed of light, as you know, that it took me til now to finish it. I made this album for a lovely lady who got married in October. I was going to send it to her as a wedding present, but as I am so late with it (oooops) she will get it as a surprise happy mail.

This wedding album is a bit different than you might expect. It's not SO elegant, but it's cute. Not something I would normally do, but to this particular lady and her hubby is perfect (in my opinion). Some of you might recognize the lady I'm talking about and if you do, please do NOT mention this album, this post or this blog to her, because I want this to be a surprise! So shhhh, ok? ;)

The colours of the wedding were blue/purple/pink, so I made album in those tones. And as the lovely couple got engaged at Disney World, I wanted to include some Disney magic in the album as well. For a change I knew immediately which paper pad I wanted to us - Sandylion's Disney Tinkerbell paper pad. Not only the papers in that pad are gorgeous and just the right colours (pink/blue/purple), they also have that "Disney magic" I was hoping for.   The pad comes with lots of stickers and die cut elements too, which is an added bonus. Plus, I know the bride likes Tinkerbell, so - score! :D 

Let's go to the pics, shall we? Here's the cover ...


Since this album will be mailed and has quite a long way to go, I didn't want to fill the cover with tons of flowers and other 3D embellishments. Instead I spelled "our wedding" with stickers that came with the paper pad and decorated the album with Tinkerbell sticker and flower die cuts that came with the pad and a small metal heart embellishment from All my memories.

First two pages ...


Tags and those small dragonfly stickers came with the paper pad and the flowers are from my stash. 

Third and fourth page ...


The corner on the left side is a chipboard piece which I painted with white gesso and then covered with light pink embossing powder. Over it I glued die cut word "love" and decorated it with some heart shaped crystals. Ribbon came from my stash. On the right page I created a pocked and decorated it with some lace and a sticker from the paper pad. In the pocket I added some tags.

Fifth and sixth page ...


On the left I created a double flap page and on the right page I created a "pocket" and put two tags behind. I decorated it with heart shaped crystals and some flowers. Behind the flower I tucked 2 small tags from the paper pad.

Seventh and eighth page ...


I just love those waterfall pages in the mini albums. Not only they hold lots of pictures, they also look very pretty in my opinion. I decorated it with a big handmade flower. On the right page I created a pocket that holds a tag and I decorated a pocket with one of the stickers from the paper pad and a paper heart from my stash.

Ninth and tenth page ...


Isn't that frame just too pretty? It came with the paper pad and I just raised it on foam pads so the happy couple can easily put a picture behind it. Then I just added some flowers on as decorations. On the right page yu see another pocket that holds one handmade tag and several Tinkerbell tags from the paper pad. Sentiment is a sticker that came with the paper pad as well.

Eleventh and twelfth page ...


Last two pages of the mini. On the left I added a pocket and added a tag in it. I decorated it with some die cut hearts and some small tags and a sticker from the paper pad. On the right page I randomly glued down some words - those are all stickers that came with the paper pad.

And the back ...


Each page of the mini album has a pucket and in each of those pockets is a tag. Here are the pictures of those tags. 

(front)

(back)

I hope this album will make it safely to its destination and that the newly weds will like it. I also made a video of it.



So much for today. Have a wonderful day! xx

I would like to enter this album to the following challenges:
Allsorts: Let's celebrate
Noor design: Have a heart
Dies R Us: Hearts
Crafty creations: Anything goes
Crafting from the heart: Anything goes
Crafts galore encore: Anything goes

10 comments:

  1. Lovely work, thanks for sharing with Crafting from the Heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is beautiful, I'm sure your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, thanks for joining us at Allsorts, xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you so much for entering in our celebration challenge at Allsorts this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely album! I'm sure the happy couple will love it! Thanks for joining our "Hearts" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! A wonderful creation. Your friend will love!! Thank you for sharing at Crafty Hazelnut's Patterned Paper. Rebecca x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is truly amazing!!! What an awesome gift!! Hugs, Rosie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful album! Love all of the pretty papers you used and wonderful design!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful Album...Love the tinkerbell and choice of papers..Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenges. Hugs xx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing album.. love the design, the papers, the colors.. love it all..

    Thank you so much for joining us over at Noor Design UK this month.

    Love LindasS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I really appreciate it! :)